A Death Has Occured
What do I do now?
The day a loved one dies can be one of the most difficult days of your life, and many aren't sure how to handle the discovery of a deceased person.
While nothing can deter the emotion of that moment,
it helps to know what to do next.
First Notify :
1. If a death has occurred at home, or accidentally, and Hospice is
not involved, call 911.
2. The Physician or hospice nurse if under care.
3. After notifying 911, a doctor, or nurse of the passing, as well as the immediate family or next of kin; the family's chosen mortuary facility should be contacted.
We provide full mortuary services at 3 locations in Sonoma County:
Eggen and Lance (707)545-3747 in Santa Rosa, Fred Young
(707)894-2540 in Cloverdale, and Fred Young (707) 473-8431 in
We can be contacted 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week in case of death.
NOTE: Many people pre-plan and pre-pay their final
arrangements. Be sure to check for existing mortuary or
4. If cemetery arrangements have been pre-planned, you may notify
us, or ask your funeral director to do so.
5. A meeting should be arranged with both the acting funeral home
and cemetery (if applicable) to discuss details.